Green Sense

The Blog of Wodhof Urban Farmstead

Thursday, January 28, 2010

W.U.F. Update 01.28.10

Well folks we are almost back to that time of year again when this blog will be updated more frequently.  It has been a busy winter.  We have spent time sorting and deciding what stuff we need to get rid of.  We had boxes that hadn't been opened since Sy and I moved in together ten years ago.  The plan is to have a huge garage sale this spring.

I have also spent some some time on spiritual pursuits.  I continue to study and practice Asatru, but have recently incorporated a healthy dose of Buddhism into my life.  I have taken up meditation and yoga again.  These are things I haven't done in a few years.  I am feeling better than I have in awhile, mentally, spiritually, and physically.

The big news is that Sy has started some of the cool weather seedlings this past week, and we will be starting more soon.  We started some yard cleanup a couple of weeks ago.  We were having 60 degree days in January and couldn't pass up the chance.  Last year we named our compost pile Mt. Stromboli.  The new pile is called Mt. Vesuvius and promises to be just as rich.  We will be using of off Stromboli this year while Vesuvius breaks down over the next year.  The section of yard where we keep the compost is full of giant tree roots. It is nearly impossible to dig to get the grass because of these roots, so this is an ideal area for us to keep the compost piles.  

The prickly pear melomel has been racked a couple of times into fresh carboys, and is now about ready to bottle.  I plan to let it age awhile in the bottle before drinking, but judging by the smell coming out of the air lock it should be a very sweet mead.

I recently changed the look of Decriminalize Common Sense Blog.  It is now called World Freedom Advocate.  While I still post my opinions, it has now become a true portal to activism.  Please visit.

Well that is all for now.


                                                       The Prickly Pear Melomel (Aka Cactus Juice) 01.28.2010

No comments:

We Support

We Support
And

Thank a Soldier

Thank a Soldier
For the Right to Be Offended By Anything You Might Read on Our Pages.